- About Us
- Settled i Pre Settled Status
- Domestic Abuse is not just……..
- Oxford University Polish Society
- EHIC – European Health Insurance Card
- Great Poles
- Polish shops in Oxford and the surrounding area
- The Polish University Abroad in London
- Translation Services
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) replaced the old E111 in 2006.
Your EHIC lets you get state healthcare at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. It will cover you for treatment that is needed to allow you to continue your stay until your planned return. It also covers you for treatment of pre-existing medical conditions and for routine maternity care, as long as you’re not going abroad to give birth.
The EHIC is valid in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries, including Switzerland. For more information about what is covered in each country see our country-by-country guide.
You can apply for a free EHIC online.